[realtek] 8139 driver on PowerPC kernal

Andrew Villeneuve beaucoupfox@yahoo.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 22:18:00 -0700 (PDT)

--- Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Andrew Villeneuve wrote:
>
> > I have a PowerPC 603e box and a PowerPC 750(G3) box both running LinuxPPC
> > 2000(Based on RedHat), kernal 2.2.15pre3, and have been completely unable
> > to get any of the RealTek RTL8139 series  compatible drivers to compile
> > correctly.  Does anybody have any suggestions for me?
>
> Which drivers have you tried?

I used the driver located at ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/rtl8139.c (ensureing I got all the
necessary C header files), as well as the netdrivers-2.0.src.rpm package, also from scyld's
FTP(which I belive contains the same driver).  In each case, the compiler issues several warnings,
though no errors, and still creates the necessary .o files.  insmod, however, claims that the
modules were compiled for a different kernal version(2.2.14).  When forced (insmod -f), it reports
two unresolved symbols: pci_drv_register and pci_drv_unregister.