[realtek] Unable to compile pci-scan.c

Bj0rN bj@ih.nu
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 16:07:22 +0200

Hi folks!

It's the first time ever I compile my kernel, everything went fine except
for the netcard...
I chose to include realtek as a module to the kernel, but when I do a
modprobe rtl8139 I get loads of errors saying these kind of things:

unresolved symbol: pci_bios ......

I read the mailarchives and came to the solution that I also have to compile
the kernel with the pci-scan.o file. But since I don't have that file I had
to compile it myself.. I then got this error compiling it:

pci-scan.c:56: linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory

I compile pci-scan in the directory /usr/src/modules and modversions.h exist
in /usr/src/linux/include/linux/

What can I do? I've been trying to get my machine to work on the net for a
lont time now, but nothing will work... anyone know what amd I doing wrong?

Sorry if this is an easy question, it is my first time doing this... and
coming from RedHat and now using Debian is a great step! :)

TIA for any help on this.

-Bj0rN