[realtek] 8139c prom

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:35:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Sean MacLennan wrote:

> From: Sean MacLennan <seanm@netwinder.org>

Interesting domain name..

> I am trying to find the proper settings for the realtek 8139C
> eprom. Specifically, I am looking for the values for PHY1_PARM_U and
> PHY2_PARM_U. If you have an 8139C (not a B or A), I have a program to read
> the prom.

You mean the serial EEPROM, correct?

I believe that those values set the twister parameters, and may differ
between chips.  I suspect (don't know for certain, but I do have an EE
degree from MIT and have spent too much time in a clean room:-O ) that
the values are based on the analog characterists of the specific die.
Using the value from an apparently similar chip might not work with long,
kinked or low-grade cables.

BTW, you can use 'rtl8139-diag -ee' to show the EEPROM contents.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993