[realtek] Driver doesn't work after a while

Ekin Sokmen ekinsokmen@hotmail.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:39:35 +0200

Hi,

I have a ALLNET 0118 PCI Ethernet card with Realtek chip. My configuration
is: PowerMac 8500/120, Suse Linux 6.4 (PPC), Kernel 2.2.14.

I have compiled the rtl3918.c and pci-scan.c. I loaded the modules with
insmod. After all I pinged the second Mac (MacOS 9.0, Powerbook G3) and it
was ok. But if I run ping continiuosly, after 20-30 times the other host
couldn't be found. I can't ping, ftp, telnet. The ethernet card doesn't work
anymore. The ethernet connection only works for 1-2 minutes !?!?!

What can I do?

thanks.

Ekin Sokmen.