8139too: wrong I/O size

Jeff Garzik jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com
Sun Feb 20 13:05:19 2000

> I found out why 8139too (as in 2.3.46) refused to load on my machine:
> You define RTL_IO_SIZE to 256 while my card only registers a window of 128
> byte. As the larger size apparently works for you, I suspect there are
> different configs floating around. Defining RTL_IO_SIZE to 128 is one way
> to fix it, the patch below maybe is a bit cleaner.

Thanks for the patch.  I'm going to apply the fix but not the patch, as
there are little picky things I want to clean up, like using
pci_resource_len() to get the PCI region length in a portable manner.
Your basic method for determining I/O size is correct though...

If you look through the source, you'll notice that I have begun adding
parts of your patch which will flush MMIO writes only when necessary.  A
patch to remove MMIO_FLUSH_AUDIT_COMPLETE, or works towards that, is
definitely welcome.  :)

--
Jeff Garzik         | I never vote for anyone.
Building 1024       | I always vote against.