[realtek] Dlink DFE-530TX+ compatibility

Chris Leavoy chrisleavoy@home.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:34:49 -0400

Has any progress been made on fixing the compatibility problems with the
Dlink DFE-530tx+?  The problems i am referring to are the ones that cause
the driver to "freeze" when the driver is flooded with network traffic.

eth0: Abnormal interrupt, status 00000051.
eth0: Abnormal interrupt, status 00000030.
eth0: Ethernet frame had errors, status 774c0f79.
eth0: Oversized Ethernet frame, status 774c0f79!
eth0: Abnormal interrupt, status 00000020.

The file dates on v1.10 and the test driver have not changed since i have
last checked.  But i was hoping that there might be some 3rd party patch
file or a method of getting this particular card working with the driver.
Ive tried using the 2.2.x port of the 8139too.c driver, but the problem
existed in that driver aswell.

I would also like to note that it is only incoming traffic that causes the
driver to lock up.  The driver module compiles, loads and detects my network
card without a hitch.  I have also tested the driver by sending out network
traffic for hours on end without any problems. But as soon as i switch to
incoming traffic, a few seconds later the driver module will freeze and
require me to reload the module and network interface.

Any information would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Chris Leavoy