[realtek] DFE-530TX+

Mitch Keller keller@panda.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 20:34:37 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

I need help getting my D-Link DFE-530TX+ working under Linux. I have
compiled the latest drivers from the web site, and they install without
errors. However, as soon as I do "insmod rtl8139" the link light goes out
on my card and the activity light starts flashing. The card works fine
under windows, so I'm not sure what's wrong. There are no apparent IRQ
conflicts, since I switched the PCI slot in order to eliminate one. I
would be happy to provide any debugging info that might be helpful, if you
can tell me exactly what commands need to be run. I'm sorry for the lack
of detail in this message, but I really don't understand what the problem
is in this case. I don't consider myself to be a Linux newbie, but with
configuring this NIC I definitely am.

Thanks in advance,

Mitch Keller
keller@panda.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu

"You will only be remembered for two things: the problems you solve or the
ones you create." Mike Murdock, 101 Wisdom Keys