[realtek] Abnormal interrupt

Markus Westergren markus@mcab.se
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:05:34 +0200

Donald Becker wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Markus Westergren wrote:
> > When running the card in 10
> > Mbs full-duplex, the following is printed in the system log:
> >
> > Aug 20 15:11:50 220a kernel: eth0: Abnormal interrupt, status 00002002.
> > Aug 20 15:11:50 220a kernel: eth0: Abnormal interrupt, status 00000002.
>
> You have receive errors, likely CRC errors.
> These are Bad.

Why didn't I get those errors when I was running half-duplex? Hidden in
the colisions?

> Check the cables.

Ok, I'll check the cables. I can only change the cable runnning from the
network outlet on the wall to the computer. The rest is inside the wall.
I tried a Intel EtherExpress Pro 100 and got frame errors instead. Will
talk to the sysadmin about the switch, maybe the logs have some
information.

/Markus