[realtek] Problems with GF100TXII & V1.11

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:29:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Martin Hillier wrote:

> I have set up a second nic on a machine with kernel 2.0.33, but as soon as I
> plug the card into the network I get lots of
>
> Abnormal interrupt, status 0xffff
>
> with the debug level is set to 4, and the machine locks up (keeps displaying
> the kernel message as above)

The chip doesn't exist in I/O space.
Run 'rtl8139-diag' to verify this.
  http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html

The driver does handle this problem gracefully -- the CardBus version might
disappear before the driver is notified of the eject.  But in your case some
other device (or a system error) is repeatedly raising an interrupt that
is not cleared.

> as far as I can tell the ifconfig and route is correct now and cabling is ok

This is unrelated to IP routing or your cables.
It might be as simple as the card not being fully seated in the PCI slot.

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403