[realtek] Netsurf or RealTek

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 00:00:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, S Michalchuk wrote:

> I have a NetSurf 10/100 Fast PCI adapter (NS GFC2206) that W$2000 Pro
> recognizes as a RealTek. The driver that W2K installs however does not work.
> I have to install a  driver from RealTek site. I'm in the same boat with
> Linux Mandrake 7.1. The adapter is recognized as a RealTek also and it is a
> different enough driver that it won't even ping. Any suggestions?

I've gotten several reports that the rtl8139 driver in Mandrake doesn't work
with some cards.

I would usually recommend installing the driver update pack, but Mandrake
also has a buggy include file installation that keeps the update RPM from
working..

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf Clusters / Linux Installations
Annapolis MD 21403