surecom ep-428x with realtek 8139

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed Apr 5 20:52:01 2000

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Andreas Mehrrath wrote:

> how is it possible to use the surecom ep-428x with linux.
> there should be a possibility because they used the
> standard one chip solution from realtek 8139 and
> this chip is well supported for pci nic cards under linux
> but where should i tell the system that this chip
> is not on a pci but on a pcmcia socket can i use the pci
> module in any way or is it all impossible ???

AFAIK, you must you my rtl8139.c driver at
  http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/index.html
  ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/kern-2.3/

In fact I'm using a RTL8139B-based CardBus card right now, and it has been
working since August.  It suspends and resumes fine, with only a slight
delay.

Donald Becker
Scyld Computing Corporation, becker@scyld.com