RTL8139 and 10/100 Base T

sharkey@superk.physics.sunysb.edu sharkey@superk.physics.sunysb.edu
Wed Oct 27 10:45:30 1999

> Hi
> I would like to know if it's possible to force the drivers of the realtek
> 8139 to 10 BASET instead of 100 Base T ?

Why do you want to do this?

The driver should automatically detect the link speed of the machine it is
connected to.  If you connect to a 10BT network, it will run at 10BT.
If you are having problems, the cause is probably something else.

What symptoms are you observing that make you think you need to force it?

Did you check which mode the card has detected with mii-diag?

Eric