RTL 8139

Tilfried Weissenberger tilliw@tdonline.net
Wed Oct 13 12:55:59 1999

Hi again,

I downloaded your driver just in case its a never version, but it didnt help
much. So I changed the RX_BUF_LEN_IDX from 3 to 2 and it works.

I'm just not sure if thats safe. Here my orig. message for ref:

I have 3 RTL8139 cards in my box (RH6) and am getting an error when loading
the 3rd card (eth2) "kernel: Couldn't allocate a 65536 byte receive ring."
Funny is that if I bring down the net (network stop) and restart it, it
mostly works.

Any ideas what to do about that?

thanks,

Tilli