minor bug/problem

Mr Patrick Ian Mackinlay p.i.mackinlay@ic.ac.uk
Mon Mar 29 12:31:15 1999

I am using your realtek driver on a linux system with kernel
version 2.2.3
Most of the time it works fine, however if I mount a zip
drive using the ppa driver things start going wrong! My network
keeps on going down and I can't ping anything other than my own
machine. To fix this I simply use ifconfig to bring the interface
down and then up again.
The strange thing is that once the interface is up I can ftp
directly onto the zip drive and all will work fine, however if
I start other network activity, such as browsing the web, the
interface keeps on stopping.
I have checked the dma, interrupt and io resources as reported
by /proc and there seem to be no conflicts.
Any ideas?

cheers,

Patrick

--