your mail

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 22 07:26:18 1999

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999 kiprian@excite.com wrote:

> To: "linux-realtek-announce @ beowulf . gsfc . nasa . gov"

Please do *NOT* post to the announce group unless you are really making an
announcement.

> please tell how can i force my rtl8139 card
> to operate in 100Mbps mode under red hat linux 5.1
> because up to now i have only managed to operate it at
> 10Mbps

The card should always be in autosense+autonegotiate mode for both 10 and
100mbps.

The output of 'ifconfig' is not reporting the speed, only the link
encapsulation type.  Use 'mii-diag' to find the current speed.
  http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/diag/index.html

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html