Driver update, was Re: SMC EZ Card 10/100

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Jun 25 11:55:36 1999

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 MULLENS@valuerx.com wrote:

> I have 2 SMC EZCard 10/100's in my linux box with a cable modem hooked
..
> In re-compiling the driver on the linux box for debugging and printing a
> couple extra values I get the following:
>
> Abnormal interrupt, status 00000041

OK, you are getting a RxFIFOOver error, which indicates that your machine
isn't providing enough PCI bandwidth to the chip.  You should fix the base
problem, but the driver is likely not recovering from this error correctly.

I've put up rtl8139.c v1.08 which should (might..) properly recover from
this problem.
  ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/test/rtl8139.c

Please test it and send a report.

The updated driver also supports the RTL8139B chip in CardBus form (!).
I'm guessing that few people have seen one of those.

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html