"could not allocate 65535 byte recieve ring" messages

Holger Metschulat homer@sgs.wh.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Dec 16 19:36:20 1999

Hi,

> The message "Could not allocate 65535 byte recieve ring"
> comes up occationally on boot (accompanied by the card

I am using three NICs in one PC; setting RX_BUF_LEN_IDX to 3 in the file
rtl8139.c helped with this message, but I get a problem during the usage of
the card (see other mail); I don't know if there is a correlation between
the two problems.

--
Gruss           * Holger Metschulat
  Holger        * e-mail: homer@sgs.wh.tu-darmstadt.de