Asking for help about lan card.

Pattreeya Tanisaro pattreey@psm.swu.ac.th
Mon Mar 15 12:32:40 1999

Dear Sir,
    I have a problem about lan card. I can't find the suitable driver
for my card while I tried to install RedHat5.1.I use SMC 1211TX ethernet
card with intel MMX 233 MHz .
So when I set the network configuration, I used plip instead and it
worked. When I finished installing Redhat5.1 I tried to edit ifconfig,
but it says unknow interface.
I asked my friend who is good at linux but he couldn't solve this prob.
He asked me
to try insmod rtl8139.o but there's a warning msg that :rtl8139.o:
init_module:Device or resource busy.
            Could you please give me some advice? I really don't know
how to manage with it. If you could only give me some suggestion, I will
be grateful. Thank you so much in advance.
                                    Very truly yours,
                                    Pattreeya, a beginner on Linux.