[netdrivers] RE: D-Link DFE-580TX

Peter Schobel pschobel at porchlight.ca
Mon Mar 14 19:16:24 PST 2005

Hi,

we are using the sundance.c driver with Fedora Core 2 kernel 2.6.8-1.521

some modifications that we made to the driver greatly reduced the number
of transmit timed out errors although these errors still occur when
traffic levels get high - but its almost tolerable

The modification:

diff 268sundance.c sundance.c

139c139
< #define TX_RING_SIZE  32
---
> #define TX_RING_SIZE  64  // lxin: increase tx ring size, may
decrease/waste available memory
882c882
<       np->mcastlock = (spinlock_t) SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED;
---
>       np->mcastlock = SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED;
1229,1230c1229,1231
<                               tx_status = readw (ioaddr + TxStatus);
<                               if (tx_cnt < 0)
---
>                               //tx_status = readw (ioaddr + TxStatus);
>                               if (tx_cnt < 0){
>                                       writel(5000, ioaddr +
DownCounter);
1231a1233,1235