[netdrivers] DFE-580 woes

Jonathan McDowell noodles@earth.li
Thu Mar 20 11:24:05 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 10:42:01PM +0000, chris harwood wrote:

> i'm also using the DFE-580 and experiencing transmit errors.
>
> weird thing is, the interfaces work on 9 out of the 12 total ports in the
> system. one port on the first nic and 2 ports on the second nic are
> inoperative with transmit errors.

Hmmm. I'm seeing this too; 2 cards installed with only a total of 4
ports used and 2 are fine and 2 aren't. One thing that's occured to me
is that the ports that don't work aren't doing autonegotiation - they're
nailed up to 100Tx-FD as that's what the other end is configured as. One
of the ports that works and does a reasonable amount of traffic is
autoneg and the other doesn't do as much traffic. What configuration are
your non working ports in compared to the working ones?

> tried the new driver released today. issue remains.

Bah. I've tried 1.10 and the driver in 2.4.21-pre5 and only discovered
1.11 today and had hoped it might do the trick.

J.

--
Web [  "You mean you don't use Emacs as your window manager?" --   ]
site: http:// [     Peter da Silva, The Scary Devil      ]       Made by