[eepro100] Dell PowerEdge 1550 (Intel Pro/100+ Dual Port)

Schulenberg Joshua joshua850 at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 16:08:01 PDT 2004

I believe there may be a problem with the
linux-eepro100 driver and the NIC that Dell ships with
many servers. It is a Dual Port Pro/100 (82558 I
think).
The device seems to detect and there are no errors,
but it will not get a link. Someone who posted to this
list last year has exactly the same issue;
http://www.tux.org/hypermail/linux-eepro100/2003-Jan/0031.html
However, no solution could be found.
The most information I can find is that the Dual Port
Pro/100+s are "flaky" with Linux drivers.