[eepro100] Re: wait_for_cmd_done timeout errors

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed Mar 19 08:29:02 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Christof Wolf wrote:

> my system: Mandrake 9, kernel 2.4.19-24mdk on an i586

What driver version are you using?

> interestingly, the message "wait_for_cmd_done timeout errors" occurs
> only if I switch my notebook in a sleeping mode (APM is installed and I
> am using only the bios functions of APM).
> after the 'waking up' I am disconnected from my network and of course
> from the internet.

This sounds as if you don't have power management support tied with the
driver.

> anything is fine except the module cb_shim.o all the time I get the message:
> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
> /lib/modules/2.4.19-24mdk/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/cb_shim.o

This is a harmless error.
That module is only needed with the non-kernel PCMCIA support.
Unfortunately, no automatic way was provided to detect what type of
PCMCIA the kernel is built with.