[eepro100] eepro100 does not work correctly after upgrade from RH 7.3 to 8.0

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat Jan 25 04:45:00 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Andre Mueller wrote:

> I had running without any problems on a Compaq Desktop en small PC
> Redhat 6.2

Presumably this worked correctly, for years, without a problem.

> I have contacted Redhat Support and RH Bugzilla, but other than
> suggesting to try the e100 driver

This is frustrating -- the same people that modified the drivers and then
pushed for using the split versions instead of the originals, now
recommend using e100.

> (the thing worsened with the e100 driver : the yellow LED
> remained always on but did not work on every second boot, on every
> third boot the system crashed.) they had no help at hand.

That's the long-term problem here -- when it breaks, who is there to fix
it?