[eepro100] EEpro100, Red Hat 7.1, wait_for_cmd_done timeout errors

John Madden jmadden@ivytech.edu
Fri Jan 10 09:24:01 2003

> Not sure what to do.. the perplexing problem is I have another server
> running RH 6.2 and the same NIC and the SAME 1999 driver by Don, and
> this has WAY more IP addresses on it the the one I am having problems
> with and no problems (server been installed and active for 3 or 4 years)
> This newer server is only since Jun/Jul 2002 and only has about 30 IPs
> bound to it.

Yeah, of the ~30 machines I run with these nic's (all dell's, too), only
ONE has ever had this issue, and what-d-ya-know, it's the high-profile www
box.   Several machines with identical configs, several with slightly
different configs, none of them have ever experienced this bug.

John

--
John Madden
UNIX Systems Engineer