[eepro100] EEpro100, Red Hat 7.1, wait_for_cmd_done timeout errors

David B. Ritch dritch@hpti.com
Thu Feb 13 13:18:02 2003

There were a couple threads in January on this subject.  Was there ever
a resolution to this issue?

I'm seeing some similar problems with the onboard NIC on a Tyan 2720
motherboard in a small cluster, and they're really strange.  A couple of
weeks ago, the problems stopped for no apparent reason.  Then we shipped
the system to a client site, and they came back.

Pretty regularly, some of the nodes lose their ethernet after being up
for 90 minutes.  We are using the driver from Scyld, and sleep mode is
turned off.

Since shipping the system seems to have triggered it again, I'm a little
suspicious of cables and connectors...

Thanks,

dbr
--