[eepro100] eth0: card reports no resources

John Jones johnj@ActiveState.com
Tue Sep 17 18:43:01 2002

I was wondering if there was any new information or resources on the Intel
'card reports no resources' problem?  From what I can tell, this was fixed
by newer versions of the intel drivers, but could something else be causing
these messages?  Some of the research of posts I have done mentioned mbuf
overflows, and I am wondering if such messages could be caused by synflood?

We are having trouble with a firewall machine that seems to be getting this
plague for 10-20 mins at a time.  When you unplug the eth0 cable (connection
to our provider, link is 100MB/Full Duplex, tons of errors on the ifconfig
line, but I know this is from a bad driver implementation) the machine
becomes responsive again.  This makes me think that the OS is running out of
job descriptors and simply cannot -do- anything while this is happening.

Can someone give me a hint as to what to look for?  This is a RedHat 6.2 box
running ipchains.

Please and thank you.

John Jones