[eepro100] several eepro problems

Bernd Stahlbock stahlbock@basysprint.de
Mon May 13 12:36:00 2002

Dear list,

I had to cope with several eepro bugs the last 2 years, with 557,558,559er
cards. As I just found out again, most of these problems seem to be due to
hardware flaws of the boards they are used in.

I worked on several single board / embedded Pc boards. For example the
onboard 559er won't run stable, but a add on card with the same 559er on it
runs fine with the same boot image and the same mainboard. This is the same
that i see for RTL8139 systems as well.

Just as a hint:
try another hardware, the linux netdrivers won't run stable on some boards
were the windows ones do.

best regards
Bernd Stahlbock

keywords:

lock-up, wait_for_cmd_done timeout,transmit timeout, reset ....

--
stahlbock@basysprint.de, http://www.basysprint.de
basysPrint GmbH, Guelzer Str. 15, 19258 Boizenburg, Germany