[eepro100] wait_for_cmd_done timeout!

mastermnd@mastermnd.myip.org mastermnd@mastermnd.myip.org
Wed May 1 13:26:01 2002

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 05:49:35PM -0400, Donald Becker wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Brian Johnson wrote:
>
> > Subject: [eepro100] wait_for_cmd_done timeout!
> >
> > Hi, I'm getting this error.
> > I read the archives, and noticed a few other people seem to be having
> > this problem.
>
> There are several problems that can cause this message.
>
> What driver are you using?
> Run 'eepro100-diag -a' when the interface stops to see the status.
>
> > I'm on a 10 baseT hub and using DHCP.
>
> Have you run 'eepro100-diag -ee' to verify that sleep mode is not
> enabled?
--end quoted text---

Yes, sleep mode was enabled.  It did take some work to get it to disable. I ended-up having to 'ifconfig eth0 down' and 'rmmod eepro100' then 'insmod eepro100' then run 'eepro100-diag -G 0 -w -w -f' then when I called 'eepro100-diag -ee -f' it finally didn't say sleep mode was enabled. no matter what I do I always seem to need the -f flag. if I just shut down eth0 and didn't rmmod/insmod then the sleep mode setting wouldn't stick.
But in the end it worked great, I finally have an uptime > 4 hours! :)
Many thanks for the assistance!
--
Brian Johnson <mastermnd@mastermnd.myip.org>