[eepro100] delaying eth0 initialization!!

Ranjit S ranjit_linux@yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 01:41:01 2002

HI,

I have been trying to get my linux red hat 6.1
installation to detect my network card but i have been
unsuccessful.
The card i have is Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet
Adapter(LNE100TX v4).

1st i tried compling the code given in the linksys
installation floppy....but it did not work.

Then i went to scyld.com and downloaded the necessary
files ....tulip.c,pci-scan.c,pci-scan.h and
kern_compat.h.

I followed the instructions and complied the code and
installed the drivers as per the given install
command. The code compiled successfully and so did the
commands:
install -m 644 pci-scan.o /lib/modules/`uname -r`/net/
install -m 644 tulip.o /lib/modules/`uname -r`/net/

I was really pleased thinking that NOW the network
card would work but when i rebooted the machine i got
the message during startup as :

Delaying eth0 initialization [failed]

I am unable to find any direct solution to this on the
internet. I really hope someone can please help me
find a solution to this.

Ranjit