[eepro100] Unresolved symbols, pci-scan.c and 2.2.14-5.0smp

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed Jun 12 17:17:01 2002

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Sami Pitko wrote:

> Subject: Re: [eepro100] Unresolved symbols, pci-scan.c and 2.2.14-5.0smp
>
> >The immediate work-around is to add -UCONFIG_APM to the compile line.
>
> Unfortunately this did not work.

OK...

> >The correct solution is to figure out why the CONFIG_APM symbol is
> >being defined in
> >     /usr/include/linux/autoconf.h
>
> Here's output of
> 'grep CONFIG_APM /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/linux/autoconf-smp.h':
>
> #define CONFIG_APM 1
> #define CONFIG_APM_POWER_OFF 1
> #define CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT 1

Could you look at the lines in the file around these lines to see why
CONFIG_APM is set?  The "autoconf-smp.h" file should match the SMP kernel.

> I modified the 'define' lines to 'undef' and it compiles and insmods without
> any errors. Thank you very much.

We still want to track down the general problem to automatically fix it
for other users.