[eepro100] eepro100 and e1000 staticly linked

Claus Rosenberger Claus.Rosenberger@rocnet.de
Sat Jun 1 14:21:58 2002

Hi,

i have a big problem and searched since a lot of days now for a solution.
Does anybody know how to load staticly linked ethernet drivers in specific
orderwhile booting linux.
I tried append="ether=10,0xe000,eth0 ether=10,0xd800,eth1", but now success.

I have two pci cards same type and want to load the card with address
0xd800 at first time with interface name eth0.
I have the same problem if i have different cards like eepro100 and e1000.
The problem is that i cannot link e1000 dynamicly because it's not
supported at this time.

Please help

Claus