[eepro100] eth0: card reports no resources.

Andrew Pollock andrew-eepro@andrew.net.au
Mon Jul 22 22:34:01 2002

Hello,

We had a proxy server that was having issues talking to it's parent proxy (we
suspected with the Ethernet controller and when under a high load) and we
replaced it completely with new hardware. We're now noticing similar (but not as
bad) performance with the new one. Both were using an eepro100 driver (diferent
versions, different chipsets).

The new one is running 2.4.18 and has a
00:0c.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82557 [Ethernet Pro 100] (rev 08)
in it.

When the card's reporting no resources, what sort of resources is it running out
of?

The version of the eepro100 driver is:
eepro100.c: $Revision: 1.36 $ 2000/11/17 Modified by Andrey V. Savochkin
<saw@sa
w.sw.com.sg> and others

Should I be bugging this Audrey bloke instead of asking in here?

Andrew