[eepro100] kernel: eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!

Morten Primdahl morten@caput.com
Wed Jan 9 11:02:01 2002

anderson@facstaff.wisc.edu wrote:

> None of this is much help, I suspect. I'm pretty much dependent
> on getting a binary version of the driver in module form that
> that solves my problem, but of course any and all help or advice
> is welcome.

In my case the problems began occurring after I placed the machine
in the production environment (we had no problems in test). So I had to
try something and went with the Intel driver (see link in last mail).
I have not had a problem since. It was very easy to install the
module, make, make install, /etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop, rmmod
eepro100, insmod e100, /etc/rc.d/init.d/network start and then edit
/etc/modules.conf

Good luck :)

Morten

--
Morten Primdahl         Caput A/S          Phone +45 70 12 24 42
System Integrator       Nygade 6           Fax   +45 70 11 24 42