[eepro100] Thin Client EEPRO100 issue.

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue Feb 26 16:40:01 2002

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Matt Simmons wrote:

> I provided a possible fix for the 10mbps problem a while back.  Is
> that fix not working?

To clarify: the possible fix is to not update the multicast filter list
on the timer ticks, at least with the newer chips.

I question if this really a complete fix, since the chip can't tell the
different between a timer-based refresh, and a periodic update to the
multicast-accept list.  If it does reduce the occurrence of the problem,
it points out that something is broken in the set-multicast-filter
command.  Setting the module option
    multicast_filter_limit=1
should accomplish pretty much the same thing.