[eepro100] 82801BD support

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri Aug 9 12:35:01 2002

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Simon Pollard wrote:
> On 9 Aug 2002 at 8:14, Donald Becker wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Simon Pollard wrote:
> > > I have a PC here with an onboard ethernet controller (Intel 845G
> > > chipset) that has a PCI id of 8086:103a.
> >
> > Please send the /proc/pci entry.
> > I'll add it to the /p  and run eepro100-diag
>
> Bus  2, device   8, function  0:
>   Ethernet controller: PCI device 8086:103a (Intel Corporation) (rev
> 129).

The chip revision number is loaded from the EEPROM, but is normally in
the range of 10-14 for a recent chip.  Thus I believe this isn't a new
ID, but rather a corrupted or misprogrammed EEPROM.

> The (pre-installed) Windows driver describes it as an
> Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

The 'VE' has an ID of 1031.  Is it possible this vendor changed the ID
just to be incompatible?  Who made the motherboard?

I'll send you an tweaked eepro100-diag.c to see if the EEPROM is
otherwise reasonable.