[eepro100] 82801BD support

Simon Pollard Simon.Pollard@barnet.ac.uk
Fri Aug 9 09:21:01 2002

On 9 Aug 2002 at 8:14, Donald Becker wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Simon Pollard wrote:
> > I have a PC here with an onboard ethernet controller (Intel 845G
> > chipset) that has a PCI id of 8086:103a.
>
> Please send the /proc/pci entry.
> I'll add it to the /p  and run eepro100-diag

The entry is as follows:

Bus  2, device   8, function  0:
  Ethernet controller: PCI device 8086:103a (Intel Corporation) (rev
129).
  IRQ 9.
  Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=8.Max Lat=56.
  Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xd5000000 [0xd5000fff].
  I/O at 0xb800 [0xb83f].

Opening the case wasn't particularly illuminating (though one of the
intel chips did say FW82801BD).

The (pre-installed) Windows driver describes it as an
Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

> > Since this doesn't appear supported, is it likely to be soon, or is
> > there something else I could/should be using?
>
> If it's just a new ID, it will be in the next version.  Adding new ID
> without a changed underlying design is fast -- we don't go
> through the whole testing cycle.
>
> Note that eepro100-diag was updated two days ago in preparation for the
> LinuxWorld update set.  If this is a new ID, I'll slip it in before
> announcing the new versions.

Ok, thanks!

--
  Simon Pollard (Simon.Pollard@barnet.ac.uk)
  IT Services, Barnet College

This communication may contain privileged or confidential information which
is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please note that you may not distribute or use this
communication or the information it contains.  If this e-mail has reached you
in error, please delete it and any attachment.

Internet communications are not secure and Barnet College does not accept
legal responsibility for the content of this message.  Any views or opinions
expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of Barnet College.

Please note that Barnet College reserves the right to monitor the
source/destinations of all incoming or outgoing e-mail communications.