[eepro100] 82801BD support

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri Aug 9 08:15:02 2002

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Simon Pollard wrote:

> I have a PC here with an onboard ethernet controller (Intel 845G
> chipset) that has a PCI id of 8086:103a.

Please send the /proc/pci entry.
I'll add it to the /p  and run eepro100-diag

> According to
> http://pciids.sourceforge.net/iii/?i=8086, this makes it a  82801BD
> PRO/100 VE (CNR) Ethernet Controller.

Please don't believe anything you read there.  That PCI ID is provided
by random submissions.  The entries range from slightly wrong to
horribly inaccurate.

There is an actual list of vendor IDs from the IEEE and PCI SIG.  There
is no reason to use the guess of the first submitter as the definitive
entry.

> Since this doesn't appear supported, is it likely to be soon, or is
> there something else I could/should be using?

If it's just a new ID, it will be in the next version.  Adding new ID
without a changed underlying design is fast -- we don't go
through the whole testing cycle.

Note that eepro100-diag was updated two days ago in preparation for the
LinuxWorld update set.  If this is a new ID, I'll slip it in before
announcing the new versions.