[eepro100] KERNEL: assertion (flags&MSG_PEEK) failed at tcp.c(1463)

Wei Keong chooweikeong@pacific.net.sg
Wed Apr 24 21:12:01 2002

Hi,

I've been having problem with this Intel 82557 Ethernet Pro 100 card... hope
you guys can help me out.

Previously, my system (IBM x340 server) was running Linux 2.4.9 and we had a
lot of "eth0: card reports no resources" error. It causes the system to hang
once in a while...

Ever since we change the kernel to 2.4.18 (patched with 2.4.19-pre6
eepro.c), the "card reports no recources error" no longer appear. However,
we encountered a new problem after a week...
    eth0: can't fill rx buffer (force 0)!
    eth0: can't fill rx buffer (force 1)!
    KERNEL: assertion (flags&MSG_PEEK) failed at tcp.c(1463)

Any idea what's the cause of this problem? This network card issue has been
causing me a lot of sleepless nights, really appreciate if you guys could
help. Thanks!

Rgds,
Wei Keong