[eepro100] Another wait_for_cmd_timeout sufferer...

Andrew Reid reidac@bellatlantic.net
Sun Oct 28 15:54:01 2001

kiss the sun and walk on air wrote:

> I was able to successfully build the driver, by following the
> directions at http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html
>
> It sounds like you've already found that tho :) I had to change my -I
> line to the actual path of my kernel source, which was different from
> what the example was.

  In classic fashion, I figured this out just after I mailed
the list.  When compiled according to the Scyld instructions
for the 2.4 kernels, on my box, "insmod" was reporting some
unresolved symbols, so I thought it was broken.  As it turns out,
though, "modprobe" successfully inserted the module.
  I am now getting "Transit time out" and "Command 0080
not immediately accepted" in the log files, but the network
has not locked up, so this is a definite improvement.

> After I got the driver built and loaded I continued to have the
> error. I followed other instructions in the archive to disable "sleep
> mode" for the driver to no avail.
>
> At that point I downloaded intel's driver. installation was simple:
> make install

  What version?  I have 1.3.20, and it's making me crazy.  Did you
mod the makefile to point to your 2.4.x includes?  Are you
including modversions.h?  (E-mail me if you think Intel stuff
is off-topic.)

> works perfectly.
  Color me green with envy.

				-- A.