[eepro100] eepro100 lockup

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 16:20:23 +0200

I do have problems with the eepro100 driver locking up my network
completely.

/var/log/messages says that:
Oct 21 15:40:41 hydrogen kernel: eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!

I do have an i82259 onboard controller on my Abit MX3S board.
The problem seems to appear in 10Mbit mode, in 100Mbit I am not quite
sure.
I use the linux kernel's eepro100 builtin support.

My only solution for this problem is Intel's e100 driver instead of
eepro100, but it has no support for the latest kernels and I have to use
an older one.

I guess the problem is already known, I am having it too for a quite
long time now. Is there any solution coming or don't you find the
reason?

Regards
Bruno