[eepro100] Re: [eepro100-bug] eepro100 "Command 0080 was not immediately accepted, 10001 ticks!" problem

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:31:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Nuno Morgadinho wrote:

>   Although I'am using the lastest driver version available I've been
> having problems using the eepro100 driver so I decided to post this
> mail to eepro100-bug and eepro100 mailing lists and pray for some help.

Please use only one list at a time.

> "eepro100.c:v1.17b 8/14/2001 Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>\n";
> My Ethernet Card:
> (cat /proc/pci shows this..)
> Bus  2, device	 8, function  0:
>     Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82801BA(M) Ethernet (rev 3).
>
> The problem:
>
>   The problem arises under "heavy" traffic (a download for example..).
>   Under light traffic, like irc or http, the driver/card works fine.

Run 'eepro100-diag -ee', and check if the sleep mode bit is enabled in
the EEPROM.

If so, it must be turned off with the obscure options "-G 0 -w -w".

Please send a report.