[eepro100] e100 problem

Tim Cutts tim.cutts@incyte.com
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 08:55:36 +0100

I have found that with 2.4.x kernels, but not 2.2.x, that the e100
driver can get autonegotiation of duplex wrong, which led to problems like
this on my Compaq desktop machine.  Forcing the card to the correct
speed and duplex setting solved the problem.  I use:

options e100 e100_speed_duplex=4

in my /etc/modules.conf.  This forces 100 MBit full duplex.  That may of
course not be the correct setting for you - it depends on the hub/switch
your machine is connected to.

Tim.