[eepro100] eeproo 100 does not work with SMP

Mike Sullivan mike@oddjob.utias.utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 13 22:45:01 2001

I upgraded my Dual P-Pro, 440 FX based system from RH 7.1 to
RH 7.2 and now the eepro NIC will not work with the SMP kernels.
I have tried a few including 2.4.13+ac5. Under uniprocessor it works
fine but with an SMP enabled kernel. I get transmit timeouts. The card
initialises fine and I can ping the card and there are link lights active on
both the card and the hub, but all packets get dropped.  Does anyone have
any ideas why and SMP kernel would do this.

                                                                                                        Mike Sullivan