[eepro100] sgi 320 visws and eepro100

Jim Edwards jedwards@inmet.gov.br
Thu, 24 May 2001 13:57:46 +0000

Okay, I now hoave some info I hope you'll find a little more useful.  I can reproduce the problem consistantly by starting an
ftp or rcp process with a nearby machine (in network terms)
These processes use and do not return memory to the system, I have 640MB so it takes awhile but eventually the machine starts
swapping and everything goes downhill from there.

The messages written to the system log are being mangled (how to fix this?)  but I get something like

exiting interupt, status=0x0050                  <- repeated frequently
scavenge candidate 14 status 400ca000         <-  also repeated with candidate number changes

Note that starting an ftp process with a machine networkly far has no problems.

what can I try next?

Jim