[eepro100] sgi 320 visws and eepro100

Jim Edwards jedwards@inmet.gov.br
Wed, 23 May 2001 12:40:48 +0000

Donald,

The problems only occur after some particularly streesful internet activity, as for example running a xdmcp client.  I
wasn't getting any messages to the /var/log/messages file yesterday.  So after I got your e-mail I reinstalled the
eepro100 module with debug=6.  I also rebooted the machine at that time and haven't yet been able to reproduce the
problems, could switching the debug level be having some effect?   But I did conduct an experiment in which I went back to
init 3 and ran procinfo -n0 on one console and ping on another.  What I found (and this is when I'm not having problems )
is that each ping seems to use 2 eth0 interupts and 3 usb interupts.   I'm a little in over my head here, can you tell me
what it is I am seeing?

thanks,
Jim