[eepro100] eepro100 performance at small packet size ?

Young C. Cho jyc@control2.bu.edu
Thu, 10 May 2001 16:46:52 +0900

> I suspect you are seeing the defined behavior.
> Do you know about Nagel and TCP slow-start?

*** I considered TCP slow-start and TCP NODELAY options
   at send /receiver side.I experienced the pps ( packets per second)
   is saturated near 10000 pps independent of packet sizes of  64, 512, 1024 bytes.
   Is this a general case? Any comment is thanks.

> Have you tried other adapter types?

*** I tried with commercial product with i960 CPU of less than 200 MHz
and 82557 ethernet controller. I am not sure this may or may not use eepro100.
 Its throughput at 64byte packets  was about 8Mbps in both Rx and Tx ( about 15000 pps.).