[eepro100] eepro100 performance at small packet size ?

Young C. Cho jyc@control2.bu.edu
Thu, 10 May 2001 01:06:36 +0900

Hi all,

I just orted eepro100 driver  on Linux 2.2.x kernel.
The target PC is Pentium 200Mhz with enough memory to be used as a gateway.
I tested the throughput of eepro100 driver resulting in Rx and Tx= 4Mbps at 64byte TCP packets.
 and Rx and TX = 80Mbps at 1Kbyte TCP packets.
The result at more than 1Kbyte TCP packets is satisfactory
but the case at small packet size  is a little of doubt.

Who can guide about the performance of eepro100 driver at small packet size?

Michale Young
Email : jyc@control2.bu.edu