[eepro100] Multiple eepro100 cards: specific order

Michael McConnell soruk@eridani.co.uk
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:39:40 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Ben Greear wrote:

> rjd@xyzzy.clara.co.uk wrote:
>
> > Better yet fix the dumb software that has a dependancy on a particular
> > interface mapping to eth0 :-)
>
> You can re-name an interface however you choose in user-space.
>
> Doing this automatically might be difficult, but you could always
> go by the ethernet MAC or something like that to determine which
> device should be called eth0.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding really dense here... but how do I do this? :)

-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell		           [Eridani Linux 6.3 Now!]
Eridani Linux  --  The Most Up-to-Date Red Hat-based Linux CDROMs Available
Email: linux@eridani.co.uk  http://www.eridani.co.uk   Fax: +44-8701-600807
    "No. 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'" - Dr Who.