[eepro100] eepro100 driver frequently dying in Linux 2.4.4

Kallol Biswas kallol@bugula.fpk.hp.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:32:41 EDT

Hey,
   "Thanks" me too:)

I am having hard time to workaround other two problems with 82559
card, I hope intel will come up with solutions again.

1)
Cards eats outgoing packets and does not generate interrupt
for incoming packets:
             When this problem happen the lananalyzer (HP Lan Advisor)
shows the incoming packets are not runt, that means the receiver
receives the frames, but the card does not generate any interrupt,
the scb status(the word that tells the command and receive unit's state,
and interrupt status)is 2050. The lananalyzer does not show any outgoing
packet. However with kernel debugger I have seen that the card posts
transmit complete status and interrupt. No error counter is update.
That means the card really devours the frames. This problem also happens
only with high workload.

2)
On a highly stressed machine repeated call to selftest may cause it
to fail.

       This problem is quite simple, the card does not update the
the selftest completion bytes. This also happens with high network
load.

If anyone else has found these problems please send me a reply.

Kallol