[eepro100] Intel 815EFV

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 01:01:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Alf wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Donald Becker wrote:

> > > 	Note that this happens only on linux. The windows drivers works
> > > fine on the first boot,etc... *grrr*
> > Intel writes the Windows driver.  Of course it has the fixes for the
> > bugs that they don't admit to.  It takes us weeks to figure out the bugs
> > and how to work around them.
> >
> > What does eepro100-diag report when the interface isn't working?
> > Are there any log messages?
>
> 	I must admit, i'm boggled by the eepro100-diag's outputs and
> options available. What are the flags i should use to see the device's
> status ? Should I use eepro100-diag when the device is active ? or should
> i down the device then run eepro100-diag ?

Run the diagnostic when you encounter the problem.

With no parameters the diagnostic shows the current state, or as much as
it can without disturbing device operation
  eepro100-diag

To show All of the registers
  eepro100-diag -a
or
  eepro100-diag -aaf

To show the EEPROM configuration
  eepro100-diag -e
or
  eepro100-diag -eee   (to see more detail)

To show the transceiver configuration
  eepro100-diag -m